If you’re bored of basic brownies, Mix things up with this easy recipe for marijuana-infused blueberry muffins laced with chocolate chunks and lavender. You’ll love this delightful twist on your classic cannabis experience.
If you opt to follow the recipe below and make your own butter, each muffin will be the equivalent of one light dose. However, it is important to wait at least one hour after eating your first muffin before consuming another. This allows your body time to properly metabolize the edible so that the effects of the medication can take effect.
- 1 lightly greased muffin pan or muffin pan with paper liners
- 1 hand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Large spoon or spatula
- Crock pot (for making canna-butter)
- Cheese cloth or strainer
- Glass Tupperware
- 1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter (to make canna-butter)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ ounce of ground cannabis flower or ½ ounce high-quality cannabis trim
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp dried lavender
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (subtract 2 Tbsp if using whole wheat)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ stick unsalted butter (to help manage flavor), softened
- 1 ½ sticks canna-butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
To Make Infused Butter:
- Place the Crock Pot on low heat and add 1 cup of water, 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter, and ¼ ounce of ground cannabis flower.
- Set your Crock Pot to low and let the contents simmer for 8 to 24 hours, stirring every now and then.
- Once you’ve let the mixture simmer for your desired amount of time, pour it into a glass container that can go in the fridge. Use a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer to get rid of all the plant matter from the butter. Get as much liquid off of the plant product as you can by squeezing or pressing it before throwing out the leftoverplant material.
- Store the leftover liquid in your fridge overnight or until the butter becomes solid. You’ll be able to see when the separation between water and butter occurs, which means it’s now time to take out your canna-butter infused creation from the water to use in recipes! After you remove the canna-butter, get rid of any excess water.
- The canna-butter will need to be softened before using it in the blueberry muffin recipe. Let it sit out at room temperature; heating it in a microwave oven is not recommended.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add and whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- In a bowl, cream the softened butter, canna-butter, and sugar with a hand mixer.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, until fully combined.
- Begin folding in the flour mixture slowly, alternating with milk until they are fully combined.
- Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries, chocolate chips, and lavender with a spatula or large spoon.
- Fill each well of the muffin pan to about 3/4ths full using a cookie or ice cream scoop to portion out the mixture.
- To see if your cake is done, stick a toothpick into the center. If there’s no batter on the toothpick when you pull it out, the cake is done (this usually takes 20-25 minutes).
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before taking them out. For best results, set wire rack on top of towel so that it doesn’t slide around. Once they’re cooled completely, you can enjoy!
Note: The amount of cannabutter in this recipe is only a recommendation; use more or less depending on how potent you want it to be. Dosing homemade edibles can tricky, so start with one serving size, wait an hour or two, then decide if you want to consume more based on your feeling. Always dose carefully and listen to your body’s reactions; never drive while influenced by cannabis.