Make your holiday unforgettable by baking these delightful cannabis-based Christmas cookies. And no, we’re not talking about another sourdough bread baking sesh!
What could make Christmas cookies even better? Infusing them with your favorite holiday flavors, of course! These festive treats are perfect for sharing with friends, family, or if you want to be a Grinch and keep them all to yourself – we won’t judge.
Let the cannabis baking begin!
Before beginning, ensure you have cannabis-infused butter or a cannabis tincture on hand (we recommend Redecan CBD Reign Drops). If desiring psychoactive effects, THC-dominant cannabis is your best option. Otherwise, CBD will suffice!
A warning about edibles
People who are inexperienced with edibles may have a more difficult time than those who are familiar, when it comes to deciding how much of the recipe to consume.
Since edibles can take up to two hours before you feel their effects, it’s easy to accidentally consume too much. That combined with the long-lasting nature of edibles makes them different than smoking marijuana. If you’re baking at home, be aware that it can be difficult to know how potent your food is since THC content varies. Go slowly and stop when you reach your limit.
Avoid giving into the “I don’t feel anything, just one more” mindset. It’s not worth it when everything hits you at once. If you’re sharing cookies with someone, make sure they know what they’re getting into!
Ever eaten a Twix chocolate bar? It’s the best! Now, try out this cookie recipe for a Canna-Twist on a childhood fav.
- 1 1/2 cups Canna-butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups caramel
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Canna-butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix well
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Using a small round cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them 2 inches apart from each other, on a silicone baking mat, or on parchment paper covered baking pan. Bake in the 250 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the cookie begins to turn a light golden color. Place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- Using a microwaveable bowl, add the caramel and evaporated milk and microwave for 30 second intervals to not burn the caramel. Mix well, and spread onto the cool cookie and allow to set.
- Using a small microwaveable bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil together and then melt in microwave for 30 second intervals also, to not burn. Spread on top of the caramel and allow to set.
Cannabis No-Bake Toffee Cookies
In a pinch for a gift OR having a craving but need it satisfied quickly?
These no-bake weed cookies will take about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 Tablespoon Cannabis Butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Also 1/2 cup toffee bits, plus more
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Combine the oats, peanut butter, bitter and semi sweet chocolate chips, toffee bits, Cannabis butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate chips melt, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet and sprinkle each cookie with extra toffee bits. Freeze for 15 minutes before serving. The cookies can be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 1 week.
- Serve the Cannabis No Bake Toffee Cookies
Cannabis Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Spoon & Spatula
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Double boiler ( sauce pan and glass bowl)
- 1 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1 cup Cannabutter
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vannila extract get the real good stuff
- 12 oz Chocolate chips milk chocolate, dark chocolate -you choose!
- Mix all of your ingredients together EXCEPT chocolate chips.
- Blend everything together with your spatula/spoon until nice and smooth. Don’t over mix.
- Roll into little balls, place on parchment paper, on the cookie sheet and pop into the freezer for 2-3 hours to harden.
- While your bites are chilling, go do something fun!
- When it’s close to the 2-3 hour mark, you can start to melt your chocolate in your double boiler. Stir and make sure it’s nice and melted – add a little regular butter if needed to get it super smooth.
- Take your peanut butter balls out of the freezer, remove chocolate from heat, turn off stove, and dip each ball in chocolate and place back on parchment paper.
- Leave to set for 15 minutes or so, and voila! Time to nibble!
Can you already hear the delicate crunch from the first bite of a sinfully delicious macaron?
Their sweetness is bar-none, and they are a fancy dessert that you can gift or keep! ( we like keeping them!!)
- 1/4 ounce Cannabis – decarbed (220 F for 20 minutes)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour Note: MUST use almond flour, no subs.
- 1 3/4 cups Powdered sugar
- 4 eggs Separated – use egg whites only
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Green food colouring
- 1/2 cup Cannabis butter
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Decarb your weed ( 220 F for 20 minutes)
- Add your butter and decarbed weed together in a small dish/bowl
- Next, strain your decarbed weed & butter with a cheesecloth ( don’t squeeze) over a seal tight glass container or mason jar. A smaller size will suffice.
- Refridgerate while you prepare the rest below.
PREPARING THE BATTER
- Sift your almond flour and powdered sugar using a very small-holed strainer into a large bowl – note: sifting is key! You need to get the finest form of flour you can, and the only way is sifting. Stir with a whisk and let it stand whlie you prepare another bowl with more ingredients.
- Separate your 4 eggs , and use only the egg whites. Place them in a separate bowl.
- Add in your 1/2 cup sugar and blend with a hand mixer, you should have stiff peaks with your mixture – then you know it’s ready to add the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients while mixing on low. Do NOT overmix!
- Add in a tsp of green food colouring, gently fold it in. No overmixing!
- Fill your piping bag with your mixture
- Create small circular ‘dollops’ on your parchment lined cookie sheet( basically: one small squeeze about the size of a Canadian dollar/ loonie). Make sure they are far enough apart, as they settle they’ll expand and you don’t want them to touch.
- Let them rest for one hour on the counter, uncovered.
- Then bake them in the oven for 220F for 40 minutes
- While your macaroon shells are baking, you can prepare the delicious Cannabis filling!
- Add 1/2 cup Cannabis butter to a bowl, and slowly pour in 2 cups of powdered sugar in small batches until all mixed up. Then add 2 tbsp milk. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Put your filling into piping bags.
- When your macaroons are ready, let them cool for 10 minutes or so.
- When fully cooled, you can pipe the filling inside and make your little macaroon sandwiches!