Making your own marijuana-infused butter can be a fun and easy process, and it’s a great way to prepare your favourite recipes. If you’re not sure where to start, the following guide will walk you through the process step by step.
- Start with the right amount of cannabis. You’ll need about 2 grams of cannabis for every 1/2 cup of butter you want to make. That means if you want 1 cup of butter, you’ll need about 4 grams of cannabis. If you have more than that amount, just use it all!
- Decarboxylate your cannabis before cooking it in butter. Decarbing will activate the THC, which is what gives you the psychoactive effects of marijuana when consumed. You can do this by placing your ground up cannabis in some parchment paper on a baking sheet at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or so (or until browned).
- Toast your weed in a skillet over medium heat until it starts giving off a nice aroma—this will help with flavour!
- Add 1/2 cup water to your skillet and bring it to boil for 10 minutes or so until all water has evaporated from pan (you should see steam coming off the surface of the pan).
- Add 1/2 cup butter and 1 tsp liquid vegetable oil to your skillet and stir until melted.
- Cook on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until cannabis is completely browned and crispy (you can tell when this happens because it will start giving off a nutty aroma).
- Turn off stove top, remove from heat and let cool before eating!
By following this step-by-step guide, you will be well on your way to creating delicious canna butter for yourself. The best part about canna butter is that it’s super versatile and can be used for a variety of different recipes. You can use it to make brownies or cookies, saute vegetables in it or simply spread on toast! As long as you know how much cannabis to use per recipe, there really aren’t any limits when it comes to using this tasty ingredient.