If you’re a cannabis enthusiast searching for a high-quality product with large yields, try bubble hash out. If the preceding phrase makes you confused, don’t worry.
Although bubble hash has been around for a long time, it is not one of the most popular varieties of marijuana on the market today. It’s no surprise that newcomers to the cannabis scene have never heard of this superior concentrate.
However, thanks to the steady expansion of cannabis legalization in the United States and Canada, bubble hash is coming back (though some would say it never went away).
What exactly is bubble hash, and how does it operate? What is the manufacturing process for it? And once you’ve made some, what can you do with it?
The cannabis experts at GasDank address those questions and provide you with all of the details regarding bubble hash in this post.
What Is Hash?
We’re going to give you some science, but don’t run away. It won’t be as bad as all that. Let’s begin with a bit of biology.
Trichomes are tiny outgrowths that, with the naked eye, appear to be fine hairs on cannabis plants (both indica and sativa). Trichomes are similar in appearance to mushrooms when observed from a distance.
Within that mushroom head, the cannabis plant creates and keeps cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids — the wonderful stuff that makes you high and alleviates pain. You may encounter several hundred trichomes (or diluted) in a normal joint or edible smoke.
However, there are various methods to remove all of the trichomes from the marijuana buds and turn them into a very powerful extract. A concentrate is what it’s called.
You may try rubbing a bud between your hands until you have enough goo to form a ball, which is the oldest method of extracting a concentrate. Trichomes are present in this gloppy substance, as we previously stated.
This is a very simple concentrate that’s also known as hash (short for hashish). The concentrate, like kief, weed wax, and marijuana wax in typical stoner lingo, has a variety of names.
It’s still just a bunch of trichomes mashed together, whatever they call it. Inventive marijuana users have come up with different methods to remove the trichomes from the plant in order to make stronger and more powerful (i.e., high THC) concentrates over time.
Some of the more common methods include:
- Butane extraction
- CO2 extraction
- Alcohol extraction
- Ethanol extraction
- Ice water extraction
The last method brings us back to the topic of this article: bubble hash.
What Is Bubble Hash?
The buds are frozen, cured, and crushed into a powder to make bubble hash. The plant material is filtered through progressively smaller screens until just the trichomes remain.
Bubble hash, by the way, is named for the bubble bags (sieve-like screens) you use to remove trichomes from the plant material. The term “bubble hash” may also be used to describe the bubbles that form when bubble hash is smoked.
Either way, it’s good stuff.
How Do You Make Bubble Hash?
Bubble hash, as we previously said, is one of the oldest and purest methods of creating concentrated cannabis, relying only on ice and water for extraction.
It’s simple to prepare, but it takes time, patience, and hard work.
- Bubble bags
- Stir sticks
- 10-15 pounds of ice
- 3-4 ounces of quality cannabis
- 5-gallon bucket
- Purified water
3 Tips For Awesome Bubble Hash
1) Get Your Cannabis As Cold As Possible
You may even generate everything else cold—the water and the surrounding air, for example—to improve the end product even if the ice is extremely chilly.
2) Use Purified Water
Water alone does not contain the same abundance of terpenes as bubble hash. Because chlorine and fluoride are present in tap water, it is an unsatisfactory environment for extracting trichomes. These chemicals don’t mix well with the trichomes you’re trying to get rid of. Always use clean water when preparing your bubble hash, and it will turn out great.
3) Quality Bud Equals Quality Bubble Hash
You may make bubble hash by shaking and trimming, but the end result will be lower-quality. Use the highest-quality bud available to ensure that you aren’t left dissatisfied with the final product.
How To Make Bubble Hash: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Place your bubble bag or screen (three or four of them) in the bucket from bottom to top, starting with the smallest. The smaller the number, the smaller the screen.
- Add 3-4 ounces of high-quality cannabis.
- Pour half a bag of ice on top of the cannabis.
- Add enough purified water (about eight cups) to cover the cannabis under the ice.
- Mix the ice, water, and buds.
- Continue to agitate the mixture for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Let the mix settle for another 20 or 30 minutes.
- Remove the strainer and allow the first bubble bag part to drain back into the bucket. You may even shake and squeeze the bag to extract all of the water.
- Set that bag aside.
- Remove the next bubble bag, then scrape out the stuff at the bottom of the screen (a spoon is ideal). Deposit your bubble hash on a piece of cheesecloth. This is the least pure type of bubble hash (but it’s still excellent).
- Remove the next bubble bag and let it drain into the bucket. Don’t squeeze this bag to get rid of the water. Allow it to drain naturally.
- Remove the bubble hash from the bag and deposit it on your cheesecloth. This bag should have more material than the previous one. It will be lighter in color and contain less plant matter, too.
- Remove the bubble bags from the bucket as you remove them, gradually scraping out the bubble hash until you’ve reached the last one.
- Gently press on the cheesecloth to remove any remaining water after folding it over the bubble hash.
- You’ll have three or four distinct grades of bubble hash depending on the number of screens you used. Keep in mind that all of the bubble hash can be mixed together. You don’t need to keep it segregated. We just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting because these are the different qualities.
- Repeat the procedure once or twice more to remove as many trichomes from the bud as possible.
That’s it! You’ve made your own bubble hash. Congratulations!
But wait. Did you know that bubble hash can be used in a variety of ways? Continue reading to learn more.
How Do You Use Bubble Hash?
Edibles are one of the simplest and most discreet methods to consume cannabis, especially with bubble hash.
You may add it to anything from butter and honey to tea and sweets. For a little mid-day joy, sprinkle it on top of your salad. Just keep in mind that bubble hash is extremely potent (contains a high THC or CBD percentage), so a little goes far.
2) Joint And Blunt
If you’re making your own joints and blunts, add a sprinkle of bubble hash on top before closing to give it a little more flavor, as well as boost the psychoactive effects. If you’re feeling daring, moisten your doobie with THC oil and wrap it entirely in bubble hash.
3) Bong And Pipe
To transform beasters into headies, apply a little amount of bubble hash on top of your bong before packing it.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and effective technique to turn low-quality marijuana (and the poor quality experience it provides) into grade-A stuff, bubble hash is ideal.
4) Other Methods
Bubble hash has a lot of applications. It may be used to make moon rock marijuana, combine it with Thai sticks, or vaporize it in a tabletop vaporizer or vape pen.
Bubble hash has no upper limit, so feel free to experiment with various approaches and discover the one that works best for you.
Buy And Try Before You DIY
Before you spend all of your time and effort creating your own bubble hash, we recommend buying some from your local store. You can test the effects to see if you like what you’re getting into this way.
Make your own bubble hash if you wish to. It’s a fantastic way to ensure quality and purity since you know exactly what goes in and what comes out.
If you don’t like how you feel after eating bubble hash, go with something else. There are several cannabis goods available to test that you’re sure to discover one that appeals to you.
Plus, the search for your preferred type of marijuana is just as enjoyable as the product itself. Have fun trying new things!