It’s the most annoying when you’re with a group of friends about to share the ceremonial herb and no one knows how to roll.
Follow these 5 easy steps to get started practicing right now and become a professional joint roller that will have your friends complimenting your skills. As a result of these new talents, you may expect to be invited to more parties.
- It’s time to neatly break it down.
- Fold the paper filter in half firmly.
- Make a template from the hemp paper or rice paper and carefully draw it out.
- While pushing the filter tip down on the bottle’s mouth, hold it steady.
- Twist and seal the paper in a spiral pattern from top to bottom.
WHY LEARN TO TWIST ONE UP?
It’s critical to understand how to roll a joint since you might be trapped using poor techniques if you’re not informed. Most smokers keep a pack of rolling papers or hemp wraps on hand, but they are useless if you don’t know what to do with them.
Don’t forget to purchase the finest rolling papers before getting started. The alternatives are truly limitless! Just kidding. To keep things natural and pure, use unbleached rice or hemp-based rolling papers.
Rolling papers are available in a variety of designs, sizes, and strengths. Some are simple to roll, while others might be more difficult. Before giving up on your rolling education, practice with a few different brands. Personally, I prefer RAW Brands. As a present and an opportunity to learn and practice, I put together this tiny RAW rolling bundle for everyone reading this post.
After you’ve mastered the technique, you may try bigger rolling papers like kingsize and hemp wraps. For now, let’s get down to business and show you how to make the greatest joint possible.
Step 1: Grind it up.
The first step in learning how to roll is to break down the herbs. It’s important to keep at it. Make sure everything is broken down to about the same size and that you’re using a grinder; pulverizing it is completely fine.
The nicest feature of using a grinder is that it will give you with a consistent form. If you don’t have access to a grinder, it’s not an option. It’s time to get your hands dirty and make fists with them. The first grinders were made by hand, so returning to your roots isn’t always necessary. Going back to the basics in some way delivers an entirely different level of satisfaction.
Step 2: Get that filter tip tight.
The paper filter tip is a fantastic smoking hack. The inventor of the idea to wrap a joint with a cardboard filter was a true genius. There will be no more disgusting, soggy rolling paper, no more particles in your mouth, and no more resin on your lips or fingertips.
The paper rolling tip is easy:
- Take any piece of cardboard
- Rip off a RECTANGLE piece that’s about the size of your big toe (really).
- Fold it over 3 times and then roll it.
- It should look like the letter “W” in a circle.
This is a fantastic machine that has been used just once. Your filter tip will not appear in this form, but you get the idea. It simply must perform as an air filter.
The next level of filtration is glass tips, which aren’t for everyone. Mastering the glass tip roll takes your smoking experience to a new level. Now that your tip is ready, it’s time to lay everything on the line.
Step 3: Spread evenly on the rolling paper
We’ll concentrate on the most basic and basic method to roll a joint since you’re a newbie joint roller, rather than the more advanced cone-shaped shape. Getting prepared to roll a joint consists of the following steps:
- Remove one of the rolls of paper from the package.
- A thin (vegan) glue strip is on the other side of the paper. It should always be kept facing up.
- If you’re a lefty, fasten the filter end to the paper’s right side.
- Place the paper filter tip on the left side of the paper if you are right-handed.
- Place a tiny quantity of your herbs on the rest of the rolling paper.
- With your other hand, grab the joint in your opposite dominant hand and hold the filter tip between your finger and thumb.
Although the herb is balanced in your hands, you’ll undoubtedly lose some herbs while attempting to keep the paper steady.
It’s possible that the ceiling may come down on your rolling tray, but don’t worry about it. This is another of those “practice makes perfect” scenarios, and some spills are unavoidable.
Keep some rolling paper on hand to stuff into the top of the joint later. That topic will be explored in more detail shortly, but for now, it’s time to tuck and roll.
Step 4: Start Tucking and Rolling Slowly
Everything is in place, and it’s time to get down to work. The real struggle begins now, when most individuals abandon their projects. Herbs are flying all over the room. The filter tip comes out of the filter system. Everything has vanished from the paper, leaving nothing behind but a blank page. You may blame anything that goes wrong at this stage on
Don’t give up! It might take some practice to get good at this.
Here’s how to minimize the frustration:
- Fold the bottom of the rolling paper over and towards the top of the paper.
- Remove the paper from the butter packet and lay it on a work surface with the butter flap down. Gently roll down the bottom of the paper with your palms together “rolling” it downward.
- Feel the herbs compressing and tightening.
- Repeat those stages until the paper appears to be tucked into the bottom and then rolled up to the top.
Complicated, I know. It should look a little like this:
- The bearded model’s face is rolling and pushing down at the same time.
- Don’t roll it all the way up because it’s time to complete the procedure.
Step 5: Lick it, then Stick it.
After you’ve finished rolling the tiny vegan glue strip at the top, there’s that little pocket of air where you stopped. Give it a lick all the way down to the tip from one side to the other. Make things simpler for yourself and don’t overdo it with saliva.
Give the paper a last spin and seal it shut. If there’s still room at the end of the connection, take some of the remaining herbs and stuff them down the top using your RAW lighter’s poker or pen cap.
Admire your work and light your masterpiece.
Hey, don’t get me wrong. Your new home isn’t the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen, but it’s yours and you’re the master of it. You finished it yourself. As long as the joint burns, you are your own hero. There are alternatives to practicing with a joint!
Most people will never roll a joint, so the creative pioneers of the rolling paper industry also recognized that most people would never do it. This is also why I mentioned previously that we developed the RAW rolling package, which has cones in it. You won’t have to worry about making your own cones since there are cones in it.
Here is what’s inside my custom bundle:
- 1 Metal Rolling Tray
- RAW Hemp Wick
- RAW Clipper Lighter
- 1 Smell Proof Storage Tube
- 1 Pack RAW Paper Tip
- 1 Pack of RAW King Size Slim Papers
- 1 Pack of RAW Classic Cones with Paper Tips
- 1 Large Plastic Grinder
Occasionally, certain goods must be substituted owing to availability; but you understand that, right? Purchase a rolling bundle while they’re on sale and share your greatest and worst attempts to roll a joint with us. If we can’t put a stop to our giggling, we’ll send you something nice as a thank-you if we can’t.