What’s better than taking a bite out of a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie? For those who use medicinal marijuana, making appetizing recipes is not only one of the most enjoyable ways to get a dose of cannabis but also very convenient. Not to mention, cannabis cookies are delicious and perfect for people who don’t want or can’t vape or smoke marijuana.
Not only do cannabis edibles provide long-lasting effects, but they are also perfect for insomniacs or those plagued by chronic pain. Our recipe for marijuana-infused cookies—including a guide to making cannabutter, the key medicated ingredient—is provided below.
Before Making Your Marijuana-Infused Cookies, First Make Cannabutter
The key ingredient in marijuana chocolate chip cookies is cannabis-infused butter, or cannabutter. Although it takes a bit of time to make cannabutter, the process is relatively simple. Additionally, cannabutter can be used to create various other marijuana edibles like medicated brownies or numerous kinds of baked goods.
The most time-consuming element of this recipe by far is the cannabutter, which can take up to 24 hours. Have no fear though, because once it’s done you’ll have enough to spare for future batches of these cookies or any other Weed cuisine recipes you’d like to try. Be sure store your extra cannabutton in a well-marked container so that it’s always handy whenever you get those munchies!
Ingredients to Make Marijuana Chocolate Chip Cookies
With your cannabutter at the ready, it’s time to gather the rest of the ingredients you’ll need for your weed chocolate chip cookies. This particular recipe is easy enough that even novice bakers can manage it with success. In total, between prep and bake time, this should take around 45 minutes and result in about 30 cookies.
Here are the ingredients you need to infuse your chocolate chip cookies with marijuana:
- 3/4 cup cannabutter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup walnuts, chopped, or 1/2 cup pretzels, crushed, for extra texture
How To Make Marijuana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Set your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and use the convection setting if you have it.
- Next, coat two cookie sheets with regular butter or line them with parchment paper. If you only have one baking sheet, wait until it cools down completely before using it for the second batch of cookies.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cannabutter on low heat. Let it cool down for a few minutes before using, or put the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown and white sugars, and vanilla. Pour in the melted butter and continue whisking until everything is combined.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Whenever the dry ingredients are mixed, slowly add them to wet ingredients. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the other optional ingredients, if using.
- Use a 1/4 cup cookie scoop or measure out 1/4 cups of dough to make each individual marijuana cookie. Place the cookies 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake your cookies for 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you want them. If you want chewier cookies, bake for a shorter period of time; if you desire crunchier cookies, bake longer. Let the pan cool off for a bit before taking the marijuana-laced goodies off–they need to rest too!
- Keep your marijuana chocolate chip cookies in an sealed jar if you want them to last for about five days.
- This cannabis cookie recipe is designed to give you the perfect marijuana chocolate chip cookie, and as medical cannabis consumers increasingly explore the foodie movement, more interesting recipes incorporating marijuana will be developed.