These cookies have a chewy texture and raisins studded throughout, making them a traditional favorite. However, spices that do not add culinary interest but instead mask the taste of cannabis prevent these cookies from being uninteresting.
You can make this recipe with golden or brown raisins, depending on your preference. Or, if you don’t like raisins at all, simply omit them from the recipe to make Oatmeal Spice Cannabis Cookies.
Use Cannabutter to Medicate Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
I use cannabutter to infuse these spicy cannabis oatmeal cookies as it gives the best flavor and texture, in my opinion. However, if you’re vegan, coconut oil that’s been infused with cannabis is a good substitute. If you have no idea how to make cannabutter, don’t worry—I’ve got four different foolproof methods right here in this tutorial.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
Another advantage of cannabis cookie recipes is that most of them keep well when frozen. This enables you to produce fresh baked edible cookies at any time. Frozen unbaked cannabis cookies may also assist with portion control. If you create a new batch, you’re less likely to go back for seconds.
To prepare Spicy Oatmeal Cannabis Cookies, spoon oil-free oat cookie dough into unbaked cookies and place on a baking sheet. Freeze the unbaked cookies before placing them in a freezer storage bag or container. Bake frozen cookies at 375 degrees F for about 18 minutes, or until golden brown, on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
A Note on the Dosage for Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
These oatmeal cookies will each have approximately 25mg THC if the marijuana butter used was made from average cannabis (10% THC) and 1/2 ounce of marijuana per one cup of butter.
Here’s how you can calculate the appropriate THC dosage for your personal requirements and reflect the potency of the cannabis you’re cooking with, as well as the quantities you used to create your cannabutter. Even better, utilize my handy dosage calculator tools that do all of the math for you (see below).
Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins
- 1 cup flour all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger dried, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice optional
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar preferably dark, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 egg large
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins golden or brown, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 2 large baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and rock salt to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix the canna-butter and butter with the brown sugar and sugar until fully combined and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients just until combined.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oat flour and raisins and combine with a whisk. Overmixing will cause the batter to lose its structure.
- Place dough drops that are about 1 3/4 tablespoons each, and 2 inches apart from one another on the baking sheets. After 15 minutes have passed, check to see if they are lightly browned. If so, remove them and let them cool on a wire rack for two minutes.